All foreign business travelers require a business visa for entry into the U.S. Business visas are issued to most non-immigrants seeking entry into the U.S. for business purposes such as investment, training, and conference attendance.
The U.S. now offers five year, multiple-entry visas to Saudi nationals applying to travel to the U.S. for business. Travelers can apply for a business visa through the American Embassy in Riyadh or the U.S. Consulate General in Dhahran.
In order to obtain a business (B-1) visa to the U.S., travelers must have the following:
- A Saudi passport
- Must be valid for six months following applicant’s return to Saudi Arabia
- One recent, 5x5 centimeter photograph
- Must be a .jpg between 600x600 and 1200x1200 pixels
- Must be less than 240kb
- Must not be digitally altered
- DS-160 Visa Application Form
- An SR532 non-refundable payment via SAMBA Bank
- SAMBA account holders may pay online
- Applicants without a SAMBA account must pay in person at any SAMBA branch location in Saudi Arabia
- A return envelope with mailing address and cash for FedEx shipping
- Address in Riyadh: SR65
- Address outside Riyadh: SR125
- A mandatory interview with the either the American Embassy or Consulate General
- Typical appointment wait time is six weeks
Applicants between the ages 14-79 must attend a mandatory interview. During this interview, applicants will be required to state the purpose of their trip, the duration of their stay, funding for their expenses, and compelling economic or social interests abroad and in their home country that warrant the visit and the return.
The applicant must bring his or her passport, confirmation page(s) from the DS-160 Form, SAMBA receipt(s), photo(s), and cash for the FedEx envelope.
Supporting documents include:
- Bank history for the past 3 months
- All previous passports
- Employment letter
Following the interview, applicants will be informed how long it will take to process and print the visa. Visa processing can take several months; therefore it is important to start the application process as soon as possible. Please contact the American Embassy or U.S. Consulate General in Dhahran for more information:
P.O. Box 94309
*Please send all questions regarding non-immigrant visas to email@example.com. The visa section is no longer accepting phone calls. All questions must be submitted by email.
U.S. Consulate General
P.O. Box 38955
Dhahran Airport, 31942
Tel: 966-3-330-3200, ext. 3040, 3089 or 3120